I have just got the first round of edits back for A Clockwork Butterfly – my futuristic romp – and it is always something I enjoy doing – first of all – there is always a deadline; I thrive on a deadline. Secondly, thank goodness there’s an editor to pick up on the things I’ve missed and bring out the best.
However, deadline or no deadline, there are a few things which will distract me until I get into my writing room – where all outside life ceases to exist – I just have to make it through the door…
Until then, I will be thinking about:
- Unblocking the kitchen sink – think somebody might have pushed spaghetti down it instead of pulling it out – grrr.
- My new shoes – they are gorgeous – think I may just put them on anyway…
- What is involved in a blog hop and should I sign up for one? There’s loads right now and they look like fun.
- My jaw which seems unable to shut completely – maybe slightly unhinged? (the jaw…not me)
- Ughhh, the wallpaper which is hanging off in the hallway… shall I just…
- This is the biggest one – HOW CAN I GET TO EROTICON 2012 in three weeks? It’s miles away so will involve a mini-break and being able to meet all the ladies I love (yeay! – but major household organisation, train/flights/hotel)
- The script I’m currently writing.
As I will have written on my gravestone – It all seems so important at the time!
Now, I think I have chased everything out of my brain sufficiently to make space for my edits.
Thanks for sharing the rant and have a lovely day,
T x x